Saturday, April 21, 2012

True Love Waits

After starting poems in English class, I randomly sat down on Thursday, the one day I have real free time, and told myself I would write a poem. Just sit there, and right a rhyming poem. And I'm so happy I did! I remembered how fun writing poems was in high school, and got my poem hung at my charter school once, even! So here's how this new one goes.

Recently I've been thinking about my arranged marriage a lot. Wondering who this person will be. If I've met him already in the past, or if it's somebody totally new. Feeling impatient, but trying to prepare diligently. I'm excited for the future, having somebody to be with forever... I've been missing him a lot, and I don't even know who he is.

------------------------------------------

True Love Waits

He lingers in my mind all day
I cannot see his face
God hasn't told me who it is
He hasn't left a trace

I shouldn't guess, I shouldn't hope
I mustn't be close-minded
For He knows when the time is right
He's already decided

Is there only one right guy?
God molded... only one?
I really hope my parents find
The parents of that son

Who is he? Who is he?
Where is he? Where is he now?
I want to know so badly
Can this hurry up somehow!

Can he play piano?
Maybe sing a song or two?
It's okay...
As long as he likes music that I do

I don't want to be picky
It's been twenty-one long years
It's just... I'm so excited
Sometimes I go to tears

I can't say it's been easy
Crushes hurt. A lot.
But after all these years
My purity, I've still got

I wish I had the courage
To let True parents choose
The Blessing is God's gift to us
I have nothing to lose

But something deep inside of me
Says it's okay to stay
My mom and dad can do the job
Just as well as they

Not that it matters
I'm just curious to see
Cute, ugly, handsome, pretty
S'all the same to me

Spectacles or freckles
Coffee fan or tea
I'll do my best to love a guy
As dorky as can be

But wait, I've got a LOT to do
I've got to grow mature
Responsible and ready
LFSO-ing for sure

Lucky just cannot describe
Second gens' potential
Arranged marriage may sound weird
But it's precious, it's so special

When God gives us His Blessing
When our two fates resonate
I know that I'll be proud and glad
I believed that True Love Waits


Jenny Hughes
April 19th, 2012

Footnotes
* True Parents are the founders of my church; they're the ones that brought my parents together! And they have been "matching" people in my church for a long time, but..
* the job of matching is being handed down to the second gen's parents, whose job it initially was.
* LFSO - Living for the Sake of Others
* Second generation of this movement
* Matching = engagement (but different...) Blessing = Marriage (but different... different...)
* "True Love Waits" is on our purity rings! I've put pictures of it in youtube videos lol. Bottom line abstinence until marriage :)

No comments: